Cultivating Health and Happiness
We are the Watkins Family. We believe in living your best life, despite whatever is going on in life. And yes, we get it, there can be a lot going on. You see, our family has been diagnosed with multiple medical conditions: including cancer, multiple sclerosis, diabetes, dysautonomia, and other invisible illnesses. (A listing of many of them are below.) We certainly have way more than a fair share of disease.
This website is designed to be a place where we talk about resources to increase happiness, despite life’s stuff. We will record research we’ve done or found related to various medical conditions, tips and tricks for increasing health, what it is like to deal with a variety of medical conditions.
We’ll share different parts of our lives, including the things we do to create more happiness in life. It could be hobbies, restaurants we love, travel we’ve done, and more.
Some of the medical issues we have been dealing with. Some afflict more than one family member.
- Cancer – Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Median Arcuate Ligament Syndrome (MALS)
- Mast Cell Activation Disorder (MCAD)
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Post-concussive Syndrome
- Undetermined Auto-Immune Disorder(s)
- CSF Leak
- Diabetes and Blood Sugar Issues
- Lyme Disease
- Epstein Barr Virus
- Connective Tissue Disorder
- MTHFR Gene Mutation
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Workplace Injuries
- Heart Issues
- Blood Sugar Issues
- Internal Hemorrhaging/ Bleeding
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Blood Clots
- and a few other issue like appendicitis, gall-bladder removal, torn meniscus